Position: Lead Sewing Instructor
Hours and Days Required Per Week:
Wednesday through Friday from 1:30pm-7pm and every other Saturday from 8:30am-1:30pm.
Reports To: Jennifer Taylor, Program Director
- Thimble Bee's is a sewing and enrichment center for children.
- We offer ongoing weekly sewing classes for students, as well as, seasonal workshops and camps.
- Our sewing programs focus mainly on students entering second grade through high school, although we offer select classes for adults as well.
- We strive to create a fun and supportive studio.
- We care deeply about our customers, Customer Experience is at the core of everything we do!
Skills, Experience, and Attributes
- Lead Instructor is to lead sewing classes each day, for groups of 4-10 children each, lead instructor will have an assistant to help with classroom duties and to assist customers who may stop-in during class time.
- Lead instructor is to provide instruction and demonstration of various sewing concepts and techniques.
- Lead Instructor is to communicate information with enthusiasm, clarity, and patience.
- Lead Instructor is to ensure safe and appropriate use of all equipment
- Lead Instructor is to help guide parents to abide to our policies to ensure well supported learning for all program participants.
Other Requirements For The Role:
- Experience and medium-level skills in domestic sewing machine and overlock use.
- Ability to make minor adjustments to patterns to suit students' needs/sizing.
- Ability to follow lesson plans and curriculum
- Experience in teaching or assisting small groups of children is desired.
- Outstanding verbal and interpersonal skills is required
- Reliability and flexibility
- Ability to maintain a positive, optimistic, and outgoing attitude
- Maintains a strong commitment and work ethic
- An overall LOVE of children, sewing, and teaching! If you enjoy ALL three, this may be a good fit.
- Background Check
- No past criminal offenses
- Some information about you and why you're interested in the position
- Updated Resume